Recreation League - No Tryouts - Limited space
Our club offers two streams:
1. Recreation - This League is for athletes wanting to continue to learn and play volleyball without the huge fees and time commitment of balancing life and school. Let them play the game they love, stay active, continue learning skills, strategies and team play. Also great for the athlete returning from injury.
2. Competitive - Participants of the Competitive league need to register with Volleyball Alberta as a recreation player - registration as a competitive player will be done once excepting a team position and will include all VA Premier and the Provincial tournaments. More on this league please click on the Competitive Tab from Divisions.
Male and Female Age Groups:
U10-U13 & U13-U16
Co-ed teams depending on participation numbers.
Stay active, and play seriously while having fun!
Note: TAWVC reserves the right to make changes and develop this league. TAWVC reserves the right to run this program accordingly, depending on number of athletes and their ages.
- Two Sessions:
- Session #1 - January 6th to March 2nd
- Session #2 - March 6th to May 11th
- If you pay for both (so combined sessions) at the time of registration you get the full discount.
- 1-2 home Tournament(s) included: NOTE: Parents are required to scorekeeper during these tournament(s).
Session #1 - Feb 22nd
Session #2 - May 9th. If a team wants to add a tournament their would be additional costs as it's not part of the fees but it is possible as long as the coach accepts.
- Scheduled twice a week:
- Monday's will focus on skill development, technique and knowledge
- Friday's will be hopefully Games or strategy NOTE: Could also be 1/2 skills and 1/2 scrimmage day
Friday's will be a mix of training days and game days.
All Friday's possible will be filled with games. Some games however, may be scheduled on a different days of the week. If a game is scheduled on a different day it will replace the Friday.
- Games will be scheduled as home and away NOTE: Some Travel to games and tournaments may be required - 2 Hour travel maximum
- Team Building Activity (at your own expense) as coach plans
- Fair play is in effect.
- With the exception of score keeping, no other volunteering is required however, if you are willing to assistance from time to time it would be greatly appreciated.