From our founder, Brenda Heisz:
When my daughter was in grade 7 she was selected to be on the school team and fell in love with the sport. After the school season, she heard about a club team and went to see about playing. Being a year older than the other girls she was told she could not play, therefore I started to research teams and where my daughter could play. We found out about tryouts for clubs and went, however she was cut. This is when I found out that another 30 girls trying out were giving the same fate.
I contacted three local clubs asking if I coached would they consider adding a team, I was told “no” from one and could not get an answer from another. However, the 3rd club said yes. So, I coached, and was able to update my certification. Unfortunately, the next season the club was unable to continue so I volunteered to take over, changed the name and started the Tri Area Warriors Volleyball Club.
The colours on the ball in our logo represent the three regions in our area: Stony Plain, Spruce Grove and Parkland County. The shield represents our Warrior strength as a club.
TAWVC vision is to strive to be the best by providing unique atmospheres for our athlete's to build individually and with a team. We provide top competitive coaching to athletes who wish to successfully grow in sport and in life.
Our mission is to provide every athlete with a complete, holistic long term developmental growth approach to success, encouraging athlete's to reach their personal goals in sport and in life, facilitated with programming and leagues throughout the year.
• We believe in continued learning for athlete and coach which is fostered through programming and dedicated professionals.
• We believe in the coaching philosophy of "Player Development" over "winning" also supported by the NCCP (National Coaching Certificate Program).
• Our coaches think first of the valued athlete and their role as an essential part of a team.
• We focus on developing coaches to bring their best to assist every athlete individually and collectively.
• Teamwork is essential for success and highly valued both on the court and in our organization.
• We are committed to hard work, dedication and commitment while fostering good character leading to qualities of sportsmanship, teamwork, and positive self worth/control.
• We believe that positive attitudes and good work ethics are contagious.
• Parental support of their athlete(s) is vital. Their support and volunteering allows our club to grow.
• We highly recommend all members to take the time to familiarize yourself with the clubs Policies and By-Laws.